Exchange 2010 Installation Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have a small issue here.

Installed Windows.Server.Enterprise.Edition.2008.SP2 64bit  and completed all prerequisites for exchange 2010, including all Hotfixes [VmWare Virtual lab].

Tried via cmdlet installation aswell.

After all this when i run the setup file it's saying WindowsPowershellv2 not installed.

As per Windows6.0-KB968930-x64 WinRM and Powershell v2 icluded. installed the same. but still same situation. When i check the power shel version i can see it's 2.

help me on this.

Thank You Sreejith

• Edited by SREEJITHVU Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:25 PM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:07 AM

Answers

• Hi 
    1.Remove Windows PowerShell on Windows Server 2008 with the built-in version of Windows PowerShell installed
    Start Server Manager and navigate to Features.
    • Click Uninstall Features.
    • Select Windows PowerShell and follow the directions to uninstall.
      2.Remove Windows PowerShell on Windows Server 2008 with a pre-release version of Windows PowerShell 2.0 installedIn Control Panel, in Programs, open Programs and Features.
    • Uninstall any instances of Windows PowerShell that appear in the installed programs list or the installed updates list.
      noteNote:
      You might need to click the View installed updates link in the Tasks sidebar to view currently installed updates.

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Terence Yu Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:16 AM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 2:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

use this link to download power-shell v2 for dedicated windows 2008 & sp2 machines.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20430

Regards

Viman

• Proposed as answer by Terence Yu Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:35 AM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:44 AM
  • Hi Viman,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already installed the same. mentioned the same in my previous Post.

"After all this when i run the setup file it's saying WindowsPowershellv2 not installed.As per Windows6.0-KB968930-x64 WinRM and Powershell v2 icluded. installed the same. but still same situation. When i check the power shel version i can see it's 2."

Thanks

Sreejith

Thank You Sreejith

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:16 AM
  • Hi 
    1.Remove Windows PowerShell on Windows Server 2008 with the built-in version of Windows PowerShell installed
    Start Server Manager and navigate to Features.
    • Click Uninstall Features.
    • Select Windows PowerShell and follow the directions to uninstall.
      2.Remove Windows PowerShell on Windows Server 2008 with a pre-release version of Windows PowerShell 2.0 installedIn Control Panel, in Programs, open Programs and Features.
    • Uninstall any instances of Windows PowerShell that appear in the installed programs list or the installed updates list.
      noteNote:
      You might need to click the View installed updates link in the Tasks sidebar to view currently installed updates.

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Terence Yu Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:16 AM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 2:09 AM