Unable to Update Adobe Flash Player for IE 10.0 in Windows 8 Build 6.2.9200 from 11.3 to 11.4! RRS feed

• Question

• Adobe's Website is telling me that I need to get 11.4 from Windows Update, however Windows Update does NOT yet offer Adobe Flash Player 11.4. Please NOTE that I am running Windows 8 Build 6.2.9200 Enterprise Edition 90 Day Free Trial on a Dell Net Book which does NOT support the METRO UI do to the fact that the Net Book's Maximum Resolution (without an Additional External VGA Moniter, the Blue Color Connector, NOT the White one) is 1024X600, Just FYI. TIA.

Kevin John Panzke, Microsoft Tech Net Standard Retail Level Subscriber.

Monday, September 3, 2012 5:02 PM

Answers

• That still does NOT solve my problem as Windows Update keeps telling me that I am Up to Date when really I am NOT! When can we expect a Microsoft Windows Update to get Adobe Flash Player Updated to 11.4? TIA.

You can expect it whenever MS decides to do all of the code and put it on win update.  That's because the 11.4 flash player from adobe doesn't work on IE10, unless someone has figured out a hack.  Until MS does it, and posts it on win update, flash 11.4 DOES NOT EXIST for IE 10.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, September 10, 2012 7:38 AM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:02 PM

All replies

• P.S. I was however still able to get Adobe Flash Player 11.4 for Mozilla Firefox, by the way, as it is still able to be downloaded from Adobe.com, Just FYI.

Monday, September 3, 2012 5:05 PM
  • Flash in win8 RTM is built into IE.  That means that all flash updates need to come through MS and win update.  No manual updates needed or possible.
    Monday, September 3, 2012 6:44 PM
  • That still does NOT solve my problem as Windows Update keeps telling me that I am Up to Date when really I am NOT! When can we expect a Microsoft Windows Update to get Adobe Flash Player Updated to 11.4? TIA.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:00 AM
  • Unable to Update Adobe Flash Player for IE 10.0 in Windows 8 Build 6.2.9200 from 11.3 to 11.4

I am having the same problem. Evidently Adobe update and Microsoft Windows Update are not in sync with each other. I need to update Adobe Flash player but because it is tied to windows update, I cannot. Windows update says no updates are needed.

Microsoft Update and Adobe update need more syncronicity. I will have to resort to using firefox and/or Opera browser instead?

Let me know when a solution is available. Thank you.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 7:12 PM

You can expect it whenever MS decides to do all of the code and put it on win update.  That's because the 11.4 flash player from adobe doesn't work on IE10, unless someone has figured out a hack.  Until MS does it, and posts it on win update, flash 11.4 DOES NOT EXIST for IE 10.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, September 10, 2012 7:38 AM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:02 PM
  • Try to kill Flash Player with this tool:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/152688-win6x-registry-tweak/

and install the 11.4.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:09 PM
    Answerer