none
User profile cannot be created RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed SteadyState 2.5 on a recently installed windows XP (Home) machine. I have logged onto an account which has administrator rights (Only one account has been created from Windows XP). When I try to create an account through SteadyState, I get the error message "The user profile cannot be created. Try again". Checking the event log I get the message "

Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, or that your network is functioning correctly. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

I have checked I can create an account from Windows, whcih I can

Any advice please

Sunday, August 17, 2008 2:04 PM

Answers

• I have solved the problem by reinstalling windows and then installing steadystate before any updates happened. I had issues previously with some updates failing to install which may have been connected.

Anyway all appears to be working now.

(I had forgotton I could add a user via windows then lock from SteadyState, perhaps I should the manual more next time!)

Monday, August 18, 2008 5:32 PM

All replies

• There might be several reasons, for example you are trying to create an account with the same name, like your computer name. Afer all, you can create an account from Windows and lock it afterwards with SteadyState.
    Sunday, August 17, 2008 2:18 PM
  • I have solved the problem by reinstalling windows and then installing steadystate before any updates happened. I had issues previously with some updates failing to install which may have been connected.

Anyway all appears to be working now.

(I had forgotton I could add a user via windows then lock from SteadyState, perhaps I should the manual more next time!)

Monday, August 18, 2008 5:32 PM