adding a taskbar in windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I want to add a taskbar to the top of the screen. It is easy to add to the bottom taskbar but it gets clogged up. I want to access Office icons on a separate bar but cannot see how to add one. Any ideas please?

(Later) I got an answer from Microsoft MVP that extra taskbars are not supported in Windows 7.... so who is it meant for? Seems like a retrograde from XP again.
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:48 PM

Answers

• Windows 7 does not have the option to create additional taskbars although you can unlock the task bar and drag it to the top, left or right of the desktop. Now for a technical clarification additional taskbars were not available in XP or Vista. For those versions you could drag a folder to the far side of the desktop to make a docked toolbar, similar to a taskbar however that feature has bean removed and is not available in windows 7.  

• Proposed as answer by ONE ZERO Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:02 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:28 AM

All replies

• Windows 7 does not have the option to create additional taskbars although you can unlock the task bar and drag it to the top, left or right of the desktop. Now for a technical clarification additional taskbars were not available in XP or Vista. For those versions you could drag a folder to the far side of the desktop to make a docked toolbar, similar to a taskbar however that feature has bean removed and is not available in windows 7.  

• Proposed as answer by ONE ZERO Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:02 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:28 AM
  • <quote>drag a folder to the far side of the desktop to make a docked toolbar</quote>So is there anyway to get this feature returned or retro fitted? It's a great way of keeping the desktop clear of icons.

Rock'n'Roll-live!
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 8:59 AM