Logitech Smartdock, skype for business room resource sign in fail RRS feed

• Question

• I just purchased a Logitech Smartdock with a surface pro 4.  I've installed the Skype Room System app and get a sign-in failed when trying to login as my room resource.  I am able to login as any of my users into the Skype Room app, but for some reason I just get the error when trying to login as a room.  The weird thing is that it does sort of login, it downloads the meetings for the day and shows the meetings, but it won't let me join or create a new meeting from the app.

I've opened a ticket with Microsoft but they say that everything looks fine on their end and to contact logitech.

Can anyone help me with this? or had a similar experience? I can login to a normal skype for business desktop app with my room resource credentials, it's just something with the Skype Room System app that doesn't seem to be happy.

My environment:  Exchange hybrid, with all accounts homed in the cloud.  Lync hybrid (split-domain).  Lync users homed in cloud or on-prem both can login fine to the app.  Room resources can't login, tried homed in cloud, and homed on-prem.  I've run the Get Feedback and exported log information from the app, but opening the .etl files in eventviewer gives me 0 good information, just a bunch of informational events with (No Format Information found)

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:15 PM

All replies

• Hi RS Carter,

Did this issue appear on the specific user in your environment?

If the issue only appear on the specific user, we suggest you compare user attributes in AD between the affected user and other normal users.

Moreover, I will share a document about how to configure skype room system
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt790551.aspx

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, July 24, 2017 9:11 AM
    Wednesday, July 19, 2017 7:20 AM
  • We have this same issue. How did you resolve it?
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:50 AM