Output cache not used issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I've enabled output cache on company portal (publishing site). Issue is I am getting a debug information that I've never seen before. I did research a bit on Internet and couldn't hit any resources.

Debug information only contains this "<!-- 9 Output cache not used.  Reason:  -->"

It doesn't explain much, nor helps me to zero in to the issue. Just an added information, I turned output cache on on a different site collection on the same web app, and it turned on fine!

Any ideas how to diagnose this issue? 

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:59 AM

All replies

• Is there any difference in user permissions on both the site collections i.e on one site you have read access and on other you have full access etc? Under cache profile settings , try to enable "Allow Writers to view Cached content" and see if that makes any difference

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:28 PM
  • No difference in user permissions. Allow writers to view Cached content didn't work I tried it already. Also, if that was the issue, Reason will be given. This is completely empty on Reason which makes it hard to diagnose.

Ali

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:32 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please try to check ULS logs and Event Viewer to find more information about this issue?

Let me know the result.

Regards,

Xue-Mei Change

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Friday, July 29, 2011 2:53 AM
  • Hello Xue-Mei.

I have checked the Event viewer, and there is not a single error message listed on all of my 3 servers in the farm, or anyting out of ordinary.

Additionally I did some Verbose diagnostics logging; I disabled the Output Cache, Set Diag. logging to verbose, then enabled output cache and re-browsed the site and checked the View Source, then reset diag. logging to default.

I did use ULS viewer to research any traces, but I didn't see anything in the logs that's related...

I am really stuck on this... 

Friday, July 29, 2011 11:30 AM