Migrate Lync Server to SfB Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I need some advices for migrate Lync server to SfB server. Currently, we have 1 Lync FE+ co-locate Mediation server, 1x Edge server, 10 SBS servers. 4 x Audiocodes Gateway at 4 different locations.

I want to migrate Lync to SfB after all SfB installed. So i have to install SfB and all SBS then move all Lync users to SfB. Need advices from all of you how to do this kind of migration.

Thank you.

Sinjo SB

Sunday, September 17, 2017 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hi SinjoSB,

1.If you want to migrate Lync 2013 server to SfB 2015 server, you can refer to the following link(Step by Step Migration from Lync 2013 to Skype for Business Server 2015)

https://ucsteps.com/tag/step-by-step-migration-from-lync-2013-to-skype-for-business-server-2015/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

2.Before you migrate Lync 2013 server to SfB 2015 server, you should move the SBS users to Front end pool first, after migrating Lync 2013 server to SfB 2015 server, move the users to SBS in another branch site.

The following is for your reference

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj688026.aspx

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, September 18, 2017 2:48 AM
  • Thank you Leon.
    Monday, September 18, 2017 4:18 PM
  • Hi SinjoSB,

If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 12:47 AM