resource cost rate table in timesheet (Project Server 2013) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every one

I was wondering if there is a solution to use resource cost rate table in timesheet?

when we plan a project, we use resource cost rate table to calculate project's cost. there are 5 tabs in resource cost rate table (A-E)

but I have no idea about resources actual costs which will be calculated based on timesheet actual works

is there any way to enter resource cost table in timesheet while submitting timesheet? for example, table A means work will be done in the main office and the table B means work will be done outside the country which has different cost for the company

any help would be appreciated

Sam

• Edited by Sam-Net Saturday, August 1, 2015 12:58 PM
    Saturday, August 1, 2015 12:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Sam,

Unfortunately you cannot edit the cost rate table in the timesheet view.

I'd suggest either to

• use the comments to tell the project manager which work type is related to the tasks,
    • or put in place an informal  communication channel beween the team member and project manager like a weekly status meeting,
    • or create a timesheet custom field for the project manager to have the information directly from the submitted timesheet by the team member. Then you could imagine a VB macro in Project for aligning the cost rate table based on this custom field.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Sam-Net Sunday, August 9, 2015 12:18 PM
    Friday, August 7, 2015 8:06 AM