Adobe CS4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

Was anybody really able to succesfully sequence any Adobe CS4 Product?

If yes, is there any recipe out there?

Because we are not able to sequence any stable package (because of/regarding the FlexNet Service).

I've already read and tried Aaron Parker's Solution (http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/virtualisation/addressing-licensing-issues-with-adobe-cs3-apps-on-softgrid)
    Monday, March 1, 2010 4:18 PM

Answers

• Hello,

If you do have Adobe CS4 DVD the flexnet service can be extracte as its just a MSI (Adobe Something Anchor Something Service) and then be installed.

Its both a pre-req for sequencing and deploying the software.

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, March 7, 2010 7:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, December 19, 2011 12:53 PM
    Monday, March 1, 2010 6:55 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Do you care to explain the un-"stable" package ?

What have you done so far?
    How is it unstable?

/Znack
    Monday, March 1, 2010 4:40 PM
  • A couple of years back I did sequence all of the CS3 applications successfully and I think those blog posts should still be applicable; however to execute them successfully you will need to install the FlexNet service on the workstation. We achieved this by installing Acrobat on those workstations.

Adobe really needs to come to the party here and supply a licensing service you can install. The only CS4 article I can find is this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979595

The same solution applies to the licensing service for Office 2010 - Microsoft are supplying an installable license service for deploying when virtualising Office.

Monday, March 1, 2010 6:18 PM
  • Hello,

If you do have Adobe CS4 DVD the flexnet service can be extracte as its just a MSI (Adobe Something Anchor Something Service) and then be installed.

Its both a pre-req for sequencing and deploying the software.

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, March 7, 2010 7:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, December 19, 2011 12:53 PM
    Monday, March 1, 2010 6:55 PM