none
Exchange Server 2013 to 2016 migration

Question

• Old Exchange Server 2013 Standard and two DB with DAG worked fine. But management decision makes for update all of server OS upgrade from windows server 2012 to 2016 and with exchange server 2016. 

Server OS 2012

Forest & Domain Functional Level are 2008 R2

One PDC & One ADC

Two Exchange Server 2013 & Two CAS Server 2013

Two Database

One DAG

New Server OS 2016 STD, Two Exchange Server 2016  & Three Database

Now, when I create New DAG in new exchange server 2016 for move all mailbox from old Exchange Server show me the below error,

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Anybody  help me.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:36 AM

All replies

• I recommend this guide: https://practical365.com/exchange-server/installing-an-exchange-server-2016-database-availability-group/

It fails during DAG creation ? Could be permission issue.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:40 AM
  • In this case is not permission issue, if the permission issue you give to permission resolution link.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 10:06 AM
  • Couple of articles that might help

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Folders, Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. from Offline Exchange Databases (EDBs), On-Premise Exchange Servers and Office 365. Migrate/Recover direct from any offline EDB into any On-Premises Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 → 2007 → 2010 →2013 → 2016 → Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 5:24 PM
  • Hi,

Do you migrate admin account and all arbitration mailboxes to Exchange 2016?
    Run below command to double check:
    Get-Mailbox Administrator | FL Identity,ServerName,Database
    Get-Mailbox -Arbitration | FL Identity,ServerName,Database

To fix it, migrate those mailbox to newer version of Exchange Server.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 1, 2018 2:12 AM
  • Hi,

Any further help we can do for you?
    If it's solved, would you please post the solution here to share it with us? Thanks.
    Also, please free to mark the useful reply as answer. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:38 AM