IRQL Not less or equal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

My system gets restarted with 3 types of errors randomly.

1. Stop code: IRQL not less or equal

2. Stop code: Kernel security check failure

3. Stop code: Driver IRQL not less or equal. What failed: SynaSmi.sys

Important note - This is a VM in Hyper-V. Machine restarts mostly when I get disconnected from internet.

Please help

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Saturday, June 6, 2020 6:13 PM

All replies

• SynaSmi.sys could be a Synaptics fingerprint reader driver.
    Does it also crash when you update or even uninstall that driver?
    Saturday, June 6, 2020 6:36 PM
  • SynaSmi.sys could be a Synaptics fingerprint reader driver.
    Does it also crash when you update or even uninstall that driver?
    How can I try to update or uninstall it? From Device manager? If yes, then under which category will I find this Synaptics driver?

- Vaibhav

Saturday, June 6, 2020 7:11 PM
  • contact your system manufacturer for driver updates.
    In device manager you will find fingerprint readers listed beneath the biometric devices node.
    Sunday, June 7, 2020 11:11 AM
  • contact your system manufacturer for driver updates.
    In device manager you will find fingerprint readers listed beneath the biometric devices node.

Yes, i found that under Biometric section and it showed me some warning symbol on it. I right clicked on it and disabled it. I don't want to try install, update as I don't need that fingerprint scanner right now. I will check for 2-3 days if this disabling device helping. 

Meanwhile, if any other comments, suggestions, let me know. 

- Vaibhav

Monday, June 8, 2020 5:10 AM
  • The bugchecks that were reported in the opening post were A, D1, and 139

To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command.

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

Choose the applicable link for the operating system:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html
    https://www.eightforums.com/threads/language-add-or-remove-in-windows-8.5849/
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/87317-display-language-change.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use 7zip to organize the files and one drive, drop box, or google drive to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There are two files for you to find manually:

a) C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter the above to find results.

b) dxdiag:  

In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

Please remember to vote and to mark the replies as answers if they help.

On the bottom of each post there is:

Propose as answer = answered the question

On the left side of each post:  Vote = a helpful post

Monday, June 8, 2020 5:38 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 7:03 AM