fix my problems RRS feed

• Question

• all streaming of videos are broken and computer is very sliggish
    Saturday, April 2, 2016 11:34 PM

Answers

• Hi raythegunner

Could you explain more specific about your issue?

Did all video files cannot be opened on your computer?

Based on your situation, we could refer to the following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

1. Try to open those video files using another media player application.

If those video files can be opened by another media player application, then the issue should be related to the original media player application, try to reinstall it again to have a test.

2.  Copy some video files from another computer and try to open them to have a test.

If those video files come from another computer that can be opened normally, then the original video files on this computer could be broken.

Also, we need check the integrity of disks using the Check Disk tool.

For example,

chkdsk C: /f

Here is a link about running Check Disk from a Command Line for your reference.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee872425.aspx

If I have misunderstood, please feel free to let me know that.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 4:18 PM

All replies

• To enable us to help you better, you need to provide as many details as you can about the problem you are experiencing.

If you design your question effectively, you can get good information from people who are knowledgeable about the topic and who are happy to help you.

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all.

What troubleshooting have you done so far?

Asking an effective question will get you help faster read how here

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Sunday, April 3, 2016 3:50 AM
  • Hi raythegunner

Could you explain more specific about your issue?

Did all video files cannot be opened on your computer?

Based on your situation, we could refer to the following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

1. Try to open those video files using another media player application.

If those video files can be opened by another media player application, then the issue should be related to the original media player application, try to reinstall it again to have a test.

2.  Copy some video files from another computer and try to open them to have a test.

If those video files come from another computer that can be opened normally, then the original video files on this computer could be broken.

Also, we need check the integrity of disks using the Check Disk tool.

For example,

chkdsk C: /f

Here is a link about running Check Disk from a Command Line for your reference.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee872425.aspx

If I have misunderstood, please feel free to let me know that.

Best regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 4:18 PM