IE9 SharePoint 2010 Website Multi File Check out not working all of a sudden RRS feed

• Question

• I am using IE9 on a SharePoint 2010 site. Everything works fine in SP except I cannot check out more than one file at once. Everything worked for a couple months then all of sudden now I cannot checkout more than one file by multi checking the check boxes. If I only check one box no issues. When I click check out, i get a box saying checking out, click ok, then click ok then it says its checking out but screen never updates.

This works no problem on other machines so it must be my computer.

Tried clearing cache, repairing office 2010, rebooting, firefox, chrome but it will not work.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:54 PM

All replies

• Same issue found here.

Same issue but no resolution here either

Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:33 PM
  • Change your compatible mode to all site in IE.
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:47 PM
  • I went to tools->compatibility settings->display all websites then tried it again. It worked.

I then turned it back off, tried again and it also works.

This makes absolutely no sense but I will take it. Thanks.

UPDATE: I did try this solution on second computer that is broke with same issue and it does not work so I wonder if one of the 20 things I tried yesterday finally kicked in.

Friday, October 11, 2013 11:51 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Mose'.

In addition, I would like to suggest you try the following:

1. Enable the Office Document Cache Handler add-on in Internet Explorer.

a. In IE, access the Manage add-ons dialog via the Tools button.
    b. Ensure that the Office Document Cache Handler is enabled.

2. This Microsoft KB2661910 seems to match your situation.

Office documents opened via a hyperlink from SharePoint document libraries may be missing the Server Message Bar with buttons needed to check out and/or edit files or open/edit workflow tasks

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2661910

This add-on is what handles SharePoint-Office document caching and integration within IE.

If the issue did not occur before, please try to use the system restore, return to the point which did not appear the problem.

What is System Restore?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/What-is-System-Restore

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:03 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by MyWarHistoryDotCom Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:18 PM
    • Proposed as answer by summer deng Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:27 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by MyWarHistoryDotCom Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:16 PM
    Monday, October 14, 2013 12:57 AM
  • 1. All settings are fine

2. This does not match my situation, all menu bars show up. The problem was always about the post back after clicking check out never fired properly when working with multiple files.

On my second computer, I upgraded to IE10 and now it works. The actual specific steps to resolve this issue is not known.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:23 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

As far as I know, the control is a client integration component, so will be available on a machine where the Office client is installed, I.e. Word, Excel, etc.  If you install the Office client on the server, the control will be work.

I would like to share the following link with you:

SharePoint 2010 : How to Enable Uploading Multiple Documents Functionality

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/11234.sharepoint-2010-how-to-enable-uploading-multiple-documents-functionality.aspx

Meanwhile, you may post the question on Microsoft Sharepoint forum for further help.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/home?category=sharepoint

Hopefully you could resolve your issue soon.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:26 AM
  • I just logged in today, doing my normal tasks and can no longer multi check out files. I reviewed all the suggestions for fixing again in this thread and do not work.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:08 PM
  • Hi,

Since the issue still occurs after doing all the steps I mentioned.

I would like to suggest you post the question on Microsoft Sharepoint forum for further help.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/home?category=sharepoint

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

I will also try to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Blair Deng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:27 AM
  • I think it has something to do with caching. If I delete the caching (path below), reboot then try again the next day it seems to work. Then a couple weeks later it breaks then I have do it again. 

C:\Users\<NAME OF USER>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\14.0\OfficeFileCache

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:36 PM
  • Hi apsicsm,

Thank you for your update.

I'm afraid this issue might related to IE, Office and Sharepoint and it is not easy to find the root in short time.

As I known, SharePoint Workspace on Windows 7 stores information in the following folders:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Groove
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\14.0\OfficeFileCache

At startup, the application must be able to read data from these locations. At account creation and throughout the operation, the application must be able to write to these locations. At the next startup, that data must be available.

Large amounts of data are typically read from and written to workspaces. Because of the potential network load, roaming profiles are not supported.

Base on my deep research, the issue is more SharePoint 2010 related.

You can direct post your question on Windows SharePoint Forum below for further support:

In addition, did you receive any error message or code?

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

Saturday, November 23, 2013 4:06 PM
  • No error are displayed.

Moved to this Forum.

SharePoint Forum

Monday, November 25, 2013 2:15 PM