No Column Totals RRS feed

• Question

• WITH MEMBER [Weekday].[Weekday].[All].[ Subtotal] AS ' AGGREGATE( EXISTING { [Weekday].[Weekday].[All].CHILDREN }) ', SOLVE_ORDER = 1000 MEMBER [Measures].[ Grand Total] AS 'AGGREGATE( EXISTING INTERSECT( { { EXTRACT( { [Measures].[Acd Calls Answered], [Measures].[Non Acd Calls Answered], [Measures].[Out Calls] }, [Measures] ) } }, { [Measures].[Acd Calls Answered], [Measures].[Non Acd Calls Answered], [Measures].[Out Calls] } ) )', SOLVE_ORDER = 1000 SELECT { { [Weekday].[Weekday].[All].CHILDREN }, { [Weekday].[Weekday].[All].[ Subtotal] } } ON COLUMNS ,

{ { { [Measures].[Acd Calls Answered], [Measures].[Non Acd Calls Answered], [Measures].[Out Calls] } }, ( [Measures].[ Grand Total] ) } ON ROWS

FROM [ACD Taske]

WHERE ( [Teams].[Teams].[All], [Event Date].[Event Dates].[Event Date Year].&[2009] )

CELL PROPERTIES VALUE, FORMATTED_VALUE, CELL_ORDINAL

Can anyone tell why there are no column totals in this MDX query?

Thursday, July 9, 2009 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Ken,

The reason you're seeing blank totals is because your Measures are placed on columns and ProClarity will not try to AGGREGATE on a measure-type.  Seems odd if you only have one measure selected, however that is how the product was designed.  This is due to the fact that measures can be created using different measure-types ($, %, etc.).

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:52 PM
  • Ken,

I retract my last statement.  After looking a bit more closely at your MDX I notice that Measures are on ROWS.  I'd ensure you're up to date with all of the latest ProClarity hotfixes.  And is this something you can reproduce using Adventure Works?  If so, can you send us the MDX from that view?

Thanks,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:02 PM