none
IE Enterprise Mode Questions RRS feed

• Question

• I have a few questions about the IE11 Enterprise mode.

1. I understand that IE11 will mimic IE8's behaviour if running in the Enterprise mode. Does it mean that it will lose the advanced features that IE11 has as a modern browser?  For example, does the document.all exists in IE11 enterprise mode?
    2. How can I detect if my browser is running in the IE11 enterprise mode in Javascript?  
    3. I understand that IE will automatically switch to the enterprise mode if the url is in the Enterprise mode list. But we have a page using frameset like this. How does the IE decide if it switch to IE enterprise mode? If only server1 is on the list, are menu.aspx and content.aspx in IE11 normal mode?

<frameset rows="50, *">
    <frame src="server1/header.aspx">
    <frameset id="fraMain" cols="25%,*">
    <frame name="fraMenu" id="fraMenu" src="server2/menu.aspx">
    <frame name="fraContent" id="fraContent" src="server3/content.aspx">
    </frameset>
    </frameset>

Thanks

Friday, November 20, 2015 3:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, I think you would need to know what is Enterprise mode.

Enterprise Mode is a compatibility mode that runs on Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1 Update and Windows 7 devices, and lets websites render using a modified browser configuration that’s designed to emulate either Windows Internet Explorer 7 or Windows Internet Explorer 8, avoiding the common compatibility problems associated with web apps written and tested on older versions of Internet Explorer.

For you first problem, it is obviously that the version in compatibility mode will not be the same as the real Internet Explorer version. 

For your second problem, you can specify whether the site renders using Enterprise mode via Enterprise Mode Site List Manager.

For your second problem, we suggest you post it to MSDN due to it relates to the developing.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?forum=iewebdevelopment

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 23, 2015 7:12 AM