External Global Address List RRS feed

• Question

• Imagine I am from abc.com ,  we have a partner named xvz.com ,  we want users  in abc.com able to find user in xyz.com , is it possible? 

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi SK I,

Do you mean you are using SFB client and you want to search other organization’s user in it?

If my understanding is right, you need to configure SFB federation with your Partner’s organization. After you do this action, the users in your organization could find the users in your partner’s organization. Details about this you could following the blog: Skype for Business Federation Configuration Guide

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:26 AM
  • thanks for the reply, i already know about communicating with external domain, but it will not search for addresses, I have to type the address in full for example Robjiang@contoso.com  , if I type robjiang only, it will not work.  user still have to add Robjiang@contoso.com manually.
    Friday, June 21, 2019 2:54 AM
  • Hi SK I,

Yes, this is the default behavior. For the external users, if you need to search them, you need to type the full SIP address for them, or you could try to add them in the contact list.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Friday, June 28, 2019 8:54 AM
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:43 AM
  • Hi SK I,

Is there any update for this issue? 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Monday, July 1, 2019 3:06 AM