Corrupt mouse cursor icon in windows 7 Professional 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue with my mouse cursor icon in win 7 pro x64, I was reading up on <http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/820764ce-97f6-49e6-9735-014531664e0d> and noticed a lot of the users were using ATi video cards but I am using on-board video right now which is a GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a have the latest drivers and even tried older ones, the issue occurs when I go past the edge of an application where the cursor icon would change (i.e from a resizing icon to a normal pointer icon and vice versa) where the icon gets about 4x larger and corrupt then goes back to normal, using magnifier and leaving it open (and set to 100%) works but this is not an acceptable permanent solution, any ideas?
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 12:07 PM

Answers

• Please perform a Clean Boot.

Click Start, type msconfig in the search box.

In the General tab, choose selective startup, only check load system services.

In the Services tab, choose Hide all Microsoft services, click Disable all.

Than click apply and ok. Restart the computer check if the issue persists.

Refer to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, June 13, 2011 9:08 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 2:01 AM

All replies

• Visit nVidia.com and download the latest driver for your hardware.

If nVidia has stopped releasing new driver updates, which may be true with a card as old as the 7025, then you should consider buying a new video card.  Doing so will not only likely correct the problem you're seeing, but also provide you a greatly enhanced user experience in virtually every application.  It's surprising how much better a modern video card can make your system feel to use.

And you don't have to spend a lot.  You can get quite good video cards nowadays for under a hundred bucks.  I recommend the ATI Radeon HD 5670, as it's the one I use and it's quite trouble-free.

-Noel

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:55 PM
  • as far as im concerned my hardware is supported under windows 7, this seems to be a windows issue therefore shouldn't MS try to remedy this problem?
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:09 PM
  • Does this issue existed in Safe Mode?

Update the BIOS and video card to check if it works.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, June 3, 2011 7:21 AM
  • Updated video card to drivers which were released yesterday, I have the latest BIOS issue still exists
    Friday, June 3, 2011 12:58 PM
  • This issue persists in Safe Mode?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 10:04 AM
  • the issue does not persist in safe mode
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 5:40 PM
  • Please perform a Clean Boot.

Click Start, type msconfig in the search box.

In the General tab, choose selective startup, only check load system services.

In the Services tab, choose Hide all Microsoft services, click Disable all.

Than click apply and ok. Restart the computer check if the issue persists.

Refer to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 

Regards,

Miya

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, June 13, 2011 9:08 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 2:01 AM