owa with 2 ISP RRS feed

• Question

• We plan to publish our owa to internet, and here are 2 main ISP, due to Monopoly, access
    between these 2 ISPs is difficult.

Now we use ISP1, exchange 2007 std, portmap exchange 443 port, users with ISP1 access normally, but users with ISP2 run very very slowly.

Our domain is a sub domain, use GRE OVER IPSEC connect to other domain, our email send out by root domain.

We plan to rent a line of ISP2,i think here are some problems.

1,if we use F5 ,it will change the network top, it is forbidden.

2,the server's gateway only have one IP, and the other line can not portmap this server to internet.

3, whether I can install an IIS to open another owa and this server gateway point to ISP2? Or is there any software that can forward web package to owa?

4,can i buy another exchange server, and install client access role on one server with the GW of ISP2?can this way send email normally(our email send out by root domain)?

5, or is there any better way?

Thanks and regards,

adsnow

adsnow

• Edited by adsnow Wednesday, February 8, 2012 10:11 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 10:08 AM

Answers

• yes, I host owa on ISP1.do you mean I host owa on ISP2? If I host owa on ISP2, that users on ISP1 will be slow. 

adsnow

Per my knowledge, if you want to do that, you may need buy another Exchange server, and install client access role on one server with the GW of ISP2, this will not effeact the way you send emails.

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by adsnow Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:16 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2012 2:20 AM

All replies

• Still don't get it what you are tryig to achieve.

If your ISP2 connection is slow then why don't you host your OWA on the ISP1?

Where Technology Meets Talent

Thursday, February 9, 2012 1:40 AM
  • yes, I host owa on ISP1.do you mean I host owa on ISP2? If I host owa on ISP2, that users on ISP1 will be slow. 

adsnow

Thursday, February 9, 2012 4:21 AM

adsnow

Per my knowledge, if you want to do that, you may need buy another Exchange server, and install client access role on one server with the GW of ISP2, this will not effeact the way you send emails.

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by adsnow Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:16 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2012 2:20 AM