Language Switching Details for Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Is Language Switching on the fly or do you have to reboot? 

Are all components of the OS in the selected foreign language, including help screens, applets, error messages, and connections to the internet "suggested" by the OS  such as updates from Microsoft Update in the foreign language?.

Are third party software updates, such as Adobe Reader, running in the foreign language all done in dialog boxes running the foreign language?    

I can't really find a good site that answers all the language questions I see all over the internet.  Where can I get all the details on exactly what is Language Switching. 

Thank you!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:30 AM

Answers

• There's no need to reboot when changing languages. You do need to log off and log back in for the changes to take effect, though. Everything you see is localized: help screen, built-in applets, error messages, Microsoft update descriptions. Language switching only affects Windows components, it has no effect on any other software. For example, MS Office has its own language-switching components. Don't know if Adobe has any language-switching support whatsoever.

- Kimmo Vilhunen
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 7:06 AM