none
Preventing Upload of documents RRS feed

• Question

• Running Windows server 2008, Project Server 2007 and WSS 3.0.  Created my PWA site for iepm.  I need to find a way so that only one specific user can upload files/ documents to all libraries.  We used a domain account  wssadminPS to create the iepm, we want only that account to be able to upload docs.  Any ideas?  We occasionaly have to upload new rdl files so the wssadminps account has to be able to upload, no one else though.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:30 AM Project Server 2007 (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that you only want the domain account  wssadminPS to upload documents while other users don’t have the permission.

Here is my suggestion:

1.       Click Site Action>Site Settings >Advanced permissions

2.       There we can see all the groups . We can edit the permissions by clicking on them  .

3.       In order to prevent other users from uploading ,we can add these users  to groups without the permissions to Design and  Contribute , Such as the Restrict Reader and Viewer Group . Enter the group by clicking the group link in the Quick Launch Bar .Then click New>Add users .

4.       We can add the domain account  wssadminPS into groups such as owner group .

5.       We can try another way to solve this problem .In step 3,we can create a new permission level by doing this : Click  Settings>Permission Levels >Add a new permission level . Don’t choose Add items under List Permission .Because this allows users to upload and create a new  document . Then we can specify the permissions that would be assigned to the permission level.

6.       Go back to the Advanced Permissions page .Click new>Add Group to create a new group using the newly created permission level to hold the users who  don’t have  the permission to upload. Then add  these users to the group .

Please let me know the results of these actions at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,

Ming

Ming
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:45 AM
  • I'm not having any luck.  Either the user can still upload or the user can't do things they need to do.  I will have users that are admins, will add new users, use Project Center to edit projects, I can't seam to prevent uploading without effecting other needed rights.
    B L Coffey
    Monday, May 2, 2011 5:29 PM