Unable to login into IM using OWA. RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello,

Iam not able to login to IM from OWA but able to login into Skype for Business.

Please suggest what could be the issue.

Regards,

Raj

rajesh

Thursday, December 1, 2016 6:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Rajeshm

what is the error message you get?

IM in OWA does not work out of the box and has to be configured manually. After Exchange CU update, the webconfig file has to be re-configged as well.

here is a good guide: http://cloudexchangers.com/im-integration-in-owa-exchange-2016-skype-for-business-2015-2/

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:30 AM
  • The error we get is " There is a problem with Instant messaging. Please try later ".

No one in the environment is able to login , Could this be because of Certificate issues on the unified messaging mailbox server.

-Rajesh

rajesh

Thursday, December 1, 2016 10:08 AM
  • could be if it has been renewed recently. Have it ever worked before? Please check my link and confirm everything is in place for IM in OWA to work

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Thursday, December 1, 2016 10:30 AM
  • Hi Raj,

Welcome to our forum.     

By this issue, please make sure Exchange has integrated with SFB server, you could check the link which Off2work has supplied. I will mention that you should use SAN certificate for integration. If not, refer to the following link to re-create the partnerapplication:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/41aaf6b8-39c9-4768-a6c6-f7c83673e97e/how-to-troubleshoot-lync-and-owa-integration?forum=lyncdeploy

In addition, update Exchange and SFB (Lync) server to the latest.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.   

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Friday, December 2, 2016 8:14 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2016 8:14 AM
  • Hi Raj, 

Agree with others   check if the integration is set as suggested by off2work , if its not showing up for all even after the setup , could be a certificate issue as well 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Friday, December 2, 2016 12:52 PM
  • Hi Offtowork , All

this guide was awesome

http://cloudexchangers.com/im-integration-in-owa-exchange-2016-skype-for-business-2015-2/

The issue was resolved after making some corrections to DNS endpoints . This was a new setup and the issue got resolved after DNS corrections.

I am so much thankfull for all who took time and responded to this thread.

rajesh

Sunday, December 11, 2016 4:49 AM
  • Hi Raj,

Thanks for your back and sharing solution, we suggest you mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 12, 2016 2:01 AM