Outlook Keeps on Prompting for Password RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day,

We have a single Server Exchange environment. For some users outlook keeps on prompting for password after a few minutes. If I turn off Outlook and reopen the password prompt goes away --but appears again after  a few minutes.

Thank you

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:27 PM

All replies

• Choose the run Outlook as Admin, and put in the username and password.  I have had this same problem with Office 365 and Outlook, and this  usually fixes it.  Once the password is inputted, close Outlook and open normally, and the box should go away. 
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:31 PM
  • Choose the run Outlook as Admin, and put in the username and password.  I have had this same problem with Office 365 and Outlook, and this  usually fixes it.  Once the password is inputted, close Outlook and open normally, and the box should go away. 
    Thank you for the suggestion. It seemed to have worked. 20minutes later user called me they still get the password prompt.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:41 PM
  • Hi,

What's the connection state of Outlook when the password prompt?

Please make a screenshot of the Outlook connection status as below:

How about re-creating the Outlook profile?

Hope it's helpful and thanks for your effort.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Wednesday, January 18, 2017 4:23 PM
  • Thanks for your reply and information.

Pease check the outlook settings as below:

You could also refer to below article for Outlook "Anonymous Authentication":

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2984912/outlook-continually-prompts-for-your-password-when-you-try-to-connect-to-office-365

If it still doesn't work, please tell me the detailed version of your Outlook.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Jason.Chao Monday, January 23, 2017 9:53 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:06 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2017 9:52 AM