MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-85JS ATA Device RRS feed

• Question

• I just got a new Vista Home Premium computer, less than a month ago (for personal use), and it's malfunctioning. The MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-85JS ATA CD/DVD Drive that I have came installed and was working for about 2 weeks, up until now. When I put in any disk, the autoplay doesnt run and Windows seems to not recognize it, however nothing pops up, just nothing happens. Also, the drive is NOT located in 'Computer'... It seems to have disappeared completely leaving me unable to use any disks. I've been through Device Manager (Which says there's an error with it) and System Information (Error, Drive 'Not Available'). I've located the file in the registry, which just seems to be disabled, but it won't let me enable it by any means I know of/have tried. Maybe it's a result of Malware, or some kind of virus.

Any help would be much appreciated, you don't know how annoying this is
    Wednesday, April 9, 2008 12:18 AM

Answers

• I too had the same issue, same drive, same OS. After lots of searching I found this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/

It states its for XP but it works on Vista too, I now have my drive back working after deleting the upper & lower filters then restarting. Hope this helps.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:15 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Synthuir,

Thanks for posting here!

In order to narrow down the issue and see if this is a hardware or software issue, I suggest you install the drive on another computer and see if it can be recognized. If so, we can focus on software troubleshooting on this computer.

Best regards,

Monday, April 14, 2008 3:24 AM
  • I too had the same issue, same drive, same OS. After lots of searching I found this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/

It states its for XP but it works on Vista too, I now have my drive back working after deleting the upper & lower filters then restarting. Hope this helps.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:15 AM