Windows click and drag/resize drags an outline instead resizing while I drag RRS feed

• Question

• See this image for example. When I try to resize the window or drag it it drags an outline instead of draging the window or resizing it. Once I stop holding the left mouse button down it resizes, but it has stopped actively resizing while I drag.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:18 AM

Answers

• See this image for example. When I try to resize the window or drag it it drags an outline instead of draging the window or resizing it. Once I stop holding the left mouse button down it resizes, but it has stopped actively resizing while I drag.

Hi

Open Control Panel/System. In the left side menu, select Advanced System Settings.

In the Performance section click the Settings Button. Select the Visual Effects tab.

Select the 'Show window contents while dragging' option.

Apply/OK.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by robotjox Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:26 PM
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:50 AM

All replies

Hi

Open Control Panel/System. In the left side menu, select Advanced System Settings.

In the Performance section click the Settings Button. Select the Visual Effects tab.

Select the 'Show window contents while dragging' option.

Apply/OK.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by robotjox Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:26 PM
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:50 AM
  • It was selected, so I unchecked the box then hit apply, then rechecked the box. It works great now, thanks!
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:28 PM