Update a link in xsl value RRS feed

• Question

• I need to update a file name in the xsl:value of tasks

How would I get to

<

xsl:value-of select="substring-after(@URL, ', ')" />to see the list of hyperlinks and to update the form that I want to use?  I hope this makes sense.

JJ297

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:45 PM

Answers

• There are several links on the page.

How are these links added to the page? Are they added through CEWP, list/library or any other web parts? If so, you may want to look at those web parts and update the links accordingly.

The user has a new excel chart they wanted to insert.  The name changed so I need to get to the hyperlink and change the name of the file (it is located on the file where I'm pulling from)

Where is the chart being inserted? What do you mean by "new excel chart they wanted to insert"? Does it mean adding the chart to another existing spreadsheet or making the chart visible on a web part page using Excel web service?

I'm not entirely sure what your current scenario is. SharePoint Designer can be double edged sword, if you're not sure what to change. I'd suggest you take a look at the page and try to figure out how it's setup currently. Then you can look into what to change. Depending on how the page is designed, you might not even need SPD.

That's just my suggestion :) Goodluck...

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

• Marked as answer by JJ297 Friday, January 4, 2013 4:26 PM
    Friday, January 4, 2013 12:36 AM

All replies

• Okay let me try to rewrite my question...

I am inside of SharePoint Designer 2007 and in the design view I right click that brings up the

Common-xsl:value-of task box
    Datafield:URL
    Format as:Hyperlink

I click on Hyperlink Options and I'm inside the Edit Hyperlink box

The hyperlink address says:

{substring-before(@URL, ', ')}

How do I find @URL so I can update the link to show the new updated page in Excel instead of the current one there?

JJ297

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 9:05 PM
  • What did you right click on and which hyperlink are you updating? Before you get to make changes using SPD, can you explain what it is that you're trying to achieve?

Pman

Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:11 AM
  • There are several links on the page.  The user has a new excel chart they wanted to insert.  The name changed so I need to get to the hyperlink and change the name of the file (it is located on the file where I'm pulling from).  When I go into SPD I see @URL in the hyperlink field.  How do I get to the list/document where @URL resides so I can update the links new name?

JJ297

Thursday, January 3, 2013 1:44 PM
  • There are several links on the page.

How are these links added to the page? Are they added through CEWP, list/library or any other web parts? If so, you may want to look at those web parts and update the links accordingly.

The user has a new excel chart they wanted to insert.  The name changed so I need to get to the hyperlink and change the name of the file (it is located on the file where I'm pulling from)

Where is the chart being inserted? What do you mean by "new excel chart they wanted to insert"? Does it mean adding the chart to another existing spreadsheet or making the chart visible on a web part page using Excel web service?

I'm not entirely sure what your current scenario is. SharePoint Designer can be double edged sword, if you're not sure what to change. I'd suggest you take a look at the page and try to figure out how it's setup currently. Then you can look into what to change. Depending on how the page is designed, you might not even need SPD.

That's just my suggestion :) Goodluck...

Pman

• Marked as answer by JJ297 Friday, January 4, 2013 4:26 PM
    Friday, January 4, 2013 12:36 AM
  • I've taken over someone's code and you are correct I don't need SPD to update a link's url.  I went into the page and just added the link that I needed.  Going to move forward in doing this an easier way when I create new sites so users can update their own links.  Thanks!

JJ297

Friday, January 4, 2013 4:26 PM