none
Enable hrs & % complete updates from 'Tasks' section RRS feed

• Question

• I'm testing a hosted project server system and found that resources can't update task status directly in their tasks section. They can enter updates by clicking into the details of each task, using the 'Mark Complete' option and in the timephased section on the right-hand pane.

Is there a setting to enable that option or is there a technical problem with the site?

It literally appears grayed out on the hosted site and I've reviewed the settings.

I can enter directly into those cells on my internal project server implementation.

Any information you can provide would be apprieciated.

Thank you!

Damon Curtin

Monday, September 12, 2011 12:54 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback. I updated the pwa view to change the %complete to %work complete which is editable and should fit our needs.

Thanks again for the reponses.

Damon

• Marked as answer by Damon Curtin Monday, September 12, 2011 6:52 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 6:52 PM

All replies

• In Project Server > Server Settings > Task Settings, the Admin can control
    the default progress mechanism.  If the Admin has allowed it, you can toggle
    that by project.

To toggle by project, go to File > Information.  See the Project Information
    on the right side of ths screen.  Click in there to modify the default tracking
    mechanism.  Republish the project after making any changes.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Monday, September 12, 2011 1:14 PM
  • Thanks, I am an administrator on the site.

Tasks Settings and Display are set as follows:

Should this allow the in-cell editing? Is there something I should check from the File-->Information section?

Thanks again.

Damon

Monday, September 12, 2011 1:49 PM
  • I cannot reproduce this problem.  In-cell editing should work.  You may wish to check with the hosting company.

Good luck!

Reid McTaggart Partner DeltaBahn LLC
    Monday, September 12, 2011 2:31 PM
  • Thanks. I asked them to check but they are pushing back. Any clues i can have them check on from the server-side?

Damon

Monday, September 12, 2011 3:50 PM
  • Personally, I'd pick the option you use most often like Percentage Complete or whatever - then deselect the option to force everyone to use it.
    Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Monday, September 12, 2011 6:44 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback. I updated the pwa view to change the %complete to %work complete which is editable and should fit our needs.

Thanks again for the reponses.

Damon

• Marked as answer by Damon Curtin Monday, September 12, 2011 6:52 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 6:52 PM