Office Web Apps - External Access - Certificate/DNS review RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm currently deploying an Office Web Apps server for my Skype for Business environment. While it is working fine on the Internal side, I started the configuration for the External Access and it is working fine too.

My only concern is regarding the external DNS records. I have several SIP domains, and from what I see on the Internet, I need to create as many external DNS records for my Office Web Apps server that for my SIP domains.

But, from my point of view, only one is enough, since in my office web apps farm I can have only one External URL.

Is that right ?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 12:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mickael

Yes you only need one external url. you just define that on the Office web apps server as the external url and on the sfb topology you specify the external url as well. Then on external dns you only have the one entry going to your reverse proxy which then forwards onto the web apps server.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:59 PM
  • Hi Mickael Kane,

Yes, agree with danielategan, you only need to only one external URL

I will share a link how to publish Office Web app server, please refer to
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204665(v=ocs.15).aspx

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Mickael Kane Thursday, May 4, 2017 3:18 PM
    Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:45 AM