Installing Monitoring Service on Server 2016 Core RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently rebuilt my MDT deployment server. In an attempt to minimize the resources used, and leave more available on the HyperV host server, I installed Server 2016 without the desktop experience. I have deployed from it with no problem, but I can't figure out how to get monitoring running on it. Being Server Core, I can't just run the Workbench form the server like I did previously. When I run the workbench on my machine, it will only let me set my machine as the monitoring server. That won't work as there are multiple techs who need access to the monitoring data, and I want them to be able to access it even if my machine is offline.

I was able to install MDT on the server, and I used sc create to create the monitoring service and set it to run automatically. I can browse to http://servername:9800/MDTMonitorEvent/ and verify the service is running, but the workbench fails to connect to it.

I even tried enabling it on my workstation, then changing the EventService entry in CustomSettings.ini, with no luck.

Any advice?

Friday, April 14, 2017 10:34 PM