none
Omniplan export problem, need a way to clear task data in bulk when in MS Project 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, big problem today :) I have a large project created in Omniplan on a mac, and I am trying to export something usable in either XML or MPX format (that's all ya get from omniplan). At first, the XML output from omniplan, when brought into MS Project 2013 looked great, but on closer inspection, all the milestones are converted from 0% complete to 99% complete, and can't be moved. Other hidden constraints are placed on any linked tasks. In other words, it's a mess. 

But I could salvage something from this mess if I knew of a way to clear all data from a selection of tasks in MS Project. I need to clear all milestones of the bogus 99%, and reset all tasks to 1day? with no set date other than the project start date. Is there a way to do this enmasse? 

Well, thx!

jigs

Jiggy Gaton, Trainer and Media Consultant for Nepal and S. Asia

Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:02 PM

Answers

• Jiggy --

The Fill Handle is in the lower right corner of the active cell, like in Microsoft Excel.  The alternative is to select from the first cell in the block to the last cell in the block, and then to click Fill > Down (it is at the far right end of the Task ribbon).  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Jigs Gaton Saturday, June 13, 2015 2:27 AM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:30 PM

All replies

• Jiggy --

Select all of the tasks in the block and then click the 0% button in the Schedule section of your Task ribbon.  Click the Unlink Tasks button in the Schedule section of the Task ribbon to unlink all of the tasks and reset their Start date to the project Start date.  Set the Duration value of the first task in the block to 1 day and then use the Fill Handle (like in Excel) to fill the Duration value to each of the tasks in the block.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:50 PM
  •  and then use the Fill Handle (like in Excel) to fill the Duration value to each of the tasks in the block. 

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thx Dale... that helps and works, but I don't get the fill handle. is that like a format painter? Cheers!

Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:26 PM
  • Jiggy --

The Fill Handle is in the lower right corner of the active cell, like in Microsoft Excel.  The alternative is to select from the first cell in the block to the last cell in the block, and then to click Fill > Down (it is at the far right end of the Task ribbon).  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Jigs Gaton Saturday, June 13, 2015 2:27 AM
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:30 PM
  • thx!

Saturday, June 13, 2015 2:28 AM