Can't make video call and voice call between Skype Personal and Skype for Business ( On - prem ) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with voice call and video call between Skype personal and SFB.

The condition at my SFB Envirotment:

1. I have SFB Enterprise Pool with 3 Frontend Server.

2. One SFB Edge Pool with 1 Edge Server

3. Already configure SFB Federate with Skype personal. I can search the Skype Personal User from SFB vice versa.

4. Already open port communication based on https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA148/which-ports-need-to-be-open-to-use-skype-for-windows-desktop

Although the port mentioned in the above url opened are still unable to make video call and voice call between Skype personal and Skype for Business. Based on Network Monitoring Application there are some port that must be opened other than those mentioned that is 10000 up to 49000.

1. Anyone here have a reference about this port ?

2. Someone here can give me diagram flow comunication between Skype Personal and Skype for Business ?

Thanks.

Indra

• Edited by Ekenk Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:13 AM
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:11 AM

All replies

• Did you sign up at pic.lync.com?  Once signed up, this can take some time.  Also, are you using open federation, if not, can you open it up for troubleshooting?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 3:19 PM
  • Hi Ekenk,

To further troubleshoot the issue, Please confirm the following information.

1.Can external users make a A/V conferencing with internal users with SFB client ?

2.When you join the meeting, do you have some error messages ?

You can use remote connectivity analyze tool to make a test .

https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

please double confirm the port 5061 is open.

A/V conferencing  must open the port 50,000-59,999(TCP) ,port 3478(UDP) in the edge pool.

Skype Connectivity Configuration with On-Premise Skype for Business 2015 must open the following port.

2.Someone here can give me diagram flow communication between Skype Personal and Skype for Business ?

If you have some doubts about the Skype Connectivity Configuration with On-Premise Skype for Business 2015, the following document is for your reference.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/11/09/step-by-step-skype-connectivity-configuration-with-on-premise-skype-for-business-2015/

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, August 25, 2017 8:21 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, August 28, 2017 8:33 AM
  • Hi Ekenk,

To further troubleshoot the issue, Please confirm the following information.

1.Can external users make a A/V conferencing with internal users with SFB client ?

2.When you join the meeting, do you have some error messages ?

You can use remote connectivity analyze tool to make a test .

https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

please double confirm the port 5061 is open.

A/V conferencing  must open the port 50,000-59,999(TCP) ,port 3478(UDP) in the edge pool.

Skype Connectivity Configuration with On-Premise Skype for Business 2015 must open the following port.

2.Someone here can give me diagram flow communication between Skype Personal and Skype for Business ?

If you have some doubts about the Skype Connectivity Configuration with On-Premise Skype for Business 2015, the following document is for your reference.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/11/09/step-by-step-skype-connectivity-configuration-with-on-premise-skype-for-business-2015/

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

sorry for my late response.

1. SFB Client external can comunicate (A/V Conference) with SFB Client at Internal.

2. Nope, there s no error with SFB Client external to Internal. All SFB Function running well. Only problem if skype for business with skype personal vice versa.

1. based on your diagram, skype personal and skype for business have a direct connection, am i rigth? 

2. is there any port that i must open for direct connection between skype personal and skype for business?

thank

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:22 AM
  • Again, please confirm you also went to https://pic.lync.com to register, this may be the exact issue if you haven't signed up yet that will very likely be the issue.  This is the provisioning site for Skype to Skype connectivity, without it you'll have issues, it's more than on-premises configuration.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:39 PM
  • alredy register my edge server at urls that you mentioned. for IM from Skype for Business to Skype personal vice versa no provlem but can't make voice call and video call.

like i said if i open port 10000 up to 49000 i can make voice call, video call,im from skype for business to skype personal vide versa but if i closed the port i can't make voice call and video call but im still i can make.

so i need reference about port 10000 up to 49000 because i don't see any reference about this port at google.

thanks for your reply.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:07 AM
  • Hi Ekenk,

Have you changed the A/V port,use the cmd to check the conference server port .

Get-CsService -ConferencingServer | Select-Object Identity, AudioPortStart, AudioPortCount, VideoPortStart, VideoPortCount, AppSharingPortStart, AppSharingPortCount

The default port values are configured like this.

Property

Conferencing Server

Application Server

Mediation Server

AudioPortStart

AudioPortCount

VideoPortStart

--

--

VideoPortCount

--

--

ApplicationSharingPortStart

--

--

ApplicationSharingPortCount

--

--

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:40 AM
  • Hey Ekenk,

the call establishment between SfB and Skype should be the same as with a federated partner. The Clients will go through the normal ICE Connectivity process and discover their possible candidates, do the Connectivity Checks, etc.

As the others mentioned Port 5061 is important for federation and will be used in case of signalling, IM, Presence, etc. between SfB and Skype.

There are no additional ports for SfB to Skype A/V communication to configure. When external and federation is working ok, thats it. So we may have to take a deeper look into the call flow to investigate the error. Maybe there is s.th. missing.

The Parameter "EnablePublicCloudAudioVideoAccess in the "ExternalAccessPolicy" is set to true, right? If not, the Audio/Video Call button should be greyed out.

Could you tell me please what happens when you try to establish a call?
    Does the signaling is working fine and after accepting the call on the other site the call will fail?
    Could you try the following - Both Clients (SfB and Skype) are in the same network (Maybe two notebooks next to each other) and please establish a call between them.

In this case the Clients should use the host candidates and talk directly to each other. So we have a simple AudioCall scenario and dont use the edge server for media traversal or the NAT Device. 

Could you provide us some information about the error from SfB Client Log?

thanks for the answer!

Greets,
    Markus

• Edited by Markus_95 Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:02 PM Additional information
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:26 PM
  • Hi Ekenk,

Have you changed the A/V port,use the cmd to check the conference server port .

Get-CsService -ConferencingServer | Select-Object Identity, AudioPortStart, AudioPortCount, VideoPortStart, VideoPortCount, AppSharingPortStart, AppSharingPortCount

The default port values are configured like this.

Property

Conferencing Server

Application Server

Mediation Server

AudioPortStart

AudioPortCount

VideoPortStart

--

--

VideoPortCount

--

--

ApplicationSharingPortStart

--

--

ApplicationSharingPortCount

--

--

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

This from my envirotment

Property Conferencing Server Application Server Mediation Server
    AudioPortStart 49152 49152 49152
    AudioPortCount 8384 8384 8384
    VideoPortStart 57501 57501 --
    VideoPortCount 8034 8034 --
    ApplicationSharingPortStart 49152 49152 --
    ApplicationSharingCount 16383 16383 --

I don't make any change to the default port.

Any suggest ?

Monday, September 4, 2017 5:03 AM
  • Hi Ekenk,

Federate skype with skype for business don’t need these port 10000~49000,I also can’t find any document about these ports, you could open these ports, if you have any issue in future, please contact us when you feel free.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 8:36 AM