Dual Monitor Display Problem(s) Windows Vista Home RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

Im having an issue with the detection of a secondary monitor. Im using 'Windows Vista - Home Edition (SP1)', and have recently installed a Radeon Sapphire HD6770 Graphics Card. The drivers are fully upto date, for the Graphics Card and Windows Vista.

The primary monitor is working perfectly, whereas the secondary monitor displays exactly what is on the primary monitor. When going into 'Display Settings', and clicking 'Identify Monitors' it shows a '1' on both screens, and no matter what I've tried, I cannot change it to a primary and secondary monitor. I've tried clicking the '2' and ticking the 'Extend to...' box, but when clicking 'Apply' it diverts back to it's default settings (Img2).

The splitter is connected to the Graphic's Card, and is connected properly. I've looked on the forum's and I cannot find a thread of this issue, and have checked the the 'AMD Vision Engine Control Center' which doesn't detect the secondary monitor either.

The monitors are two different monitors, the primary is: Samsung SyncMaster913n. Im unsure of the make of the Second monitor, but the model No. is: MW19E-AAA.

If there's any other information needed, please let me know, and any help is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Rich

Img2

Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:52 PM

All replies

• hello,  in my opinion if you are usin a splitter something like a "y" and is connected to only one port  of the video card that means that you will get the same image on both monitors, if you want to use 2 monitors you need a video card with 2  vga or hdmi ports, or 2 video cards, then windows will detect 2 video exits and you can get monitor 1 and monitor 2, hope this works,,,good luck......

any help is well appreciated, it all depends on who needs it. mark as answer if it help.

Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:46 AM
  • Hi Aztecamex, thank you for your feedback on my issue.

I'll have to try this, I'll have to get another video card then^^ Guess that was my fault for not noticing that mistake. Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Rich

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:40 AM