Choice column doesn't show the default value RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

SP 2013: We have a choice column "vital or not" that have a default value set to "non vital" in the content hub. When the document is uploaded to the library and the metadata form opens there is no default value shown in that column. I expect it to be "non vital" there.

Is that a bug? or it has to be configured somehow so it will show the default value when metadata form opens.

Thank you.

Monday, September 9, 2013 9:16 PM

Answers

• OK, Here is why:

The content default type was different from this one at the time of upload that's why all preset values didn't show up... Now I am uploading the docs with correct Content type - it's working. :)

• Marked as answer by eclipsen2002 Monday, September 9, 2013 11:02 PM
    • Edited by eclipsen2002 Monday, September 9, 2013 11:02 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 11:02 PM

All replies

• It seems it is a strange behavior in your case! it might be some bug, what you did by setting the default value is enough!

I suggest you do the following trails:

try to remove this field and add it again to the list 

try to fix this default value from the content type try to fix the site column and push it down and push down changes.

Hope this answer your question

Monday, September 9, 2013 9:28 PM
  • Thank you so much. But actually I have 5 columns like that... and they all behave the same way... :(
    Monday, September 9, 2013 10:52 PM
  • OK, Here is why:

The content default type was different from this one at the time of upload that's why all preset values didn't show up... Now I am uploading the docs with correct Content type - it's working. :)

• Marked as answer by eclipsen2002 Monday, September 9, 2013 11:02 PM
    • Edited by eclipsen2002 Monday, September 9, 2013 11:02 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 11:02 PM