on my windows 7 computer i cant go on mircosoft word 2010 and it says that there is a click 2 run problem what do i do RRS feed

• Question

• can you please help me my son has a project and we tould the teacher and she said your own problem you get a detention
    Saturday, May 5, 2012 12:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Repair Office Click-to-Run products

1. Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
    2. Click Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010, or Microsoft Office Starter 2010, and then click Change.
    3. For the Remove Office user settings check box, If you want to save Microsoft Office settings, such as Ribbon customizations, do not select the check box.
    4. Click Repair.

If the problem still persists, please create a new windows account to resolve this issue:

Windows 7 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Create-a-user-account

1. Create a new User Account on the computer.
    2. Restart the computer and Login to the new user account.
    3. Open the Microsoft Office Starter from "All Programs"
    4. Click on Word or Excel
    5. The program should start loading all files needed from the Microsoft server.
    6. Once all files are loaded, you should be able to access your Microsoft Office Starter Programs. (Open and confirm.)
    7. "Switch User" to your ORIGINAL ACCOUNT
    8. Click one of the Microsoft Office programs and hopefully it will start working.

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 7, 2012 5:21 AM

All replies

• I would Have Snapped On Her And Told Her To  Go To H***
    Monday, May 7, 2012 2:13 AM
  • Hi,

Repair Office Click-to-Run products

1. Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
    2. Click Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010, or Microsoft Office Starter 2010, and then click Change.
    3. For the Remove Office user settings check box, If you want to save Microsoft Office settings, such as Ribbon customizations, do not select the check box.
    4. Click Repair.

If the problem still persists, please create a new windows account to resolve this issue:

Windows 7 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Create-a-user-account

1. Create a new User Account on the computer.
    2. Restart the computer and Login to the new user account.
    3. Open the Microsoft Office Starter from "All Programs"
    4. Click on Word or Excel
    5. The program should start loading all files needed from the Microsoft server.
    6. Once all files are loaded, you should be able to access your Microsoft Office Starter Programs. (Open and confirm.)
    7. "Switch User" to your ORIGINAL ACCOUNT
    8. Click one of the Microsoft Office programs and hopefully it will start working.

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 7, 2012 5:21 AM
  • which edition of word 2010 are you using?
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:12 AM