my system restore's gone RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have window 8.  I tried my system restore but found the whole program has gone missing.  is there any one who can help me put the system restore program back in my computer?
    Friday, September 27, 2013 3:39 PM

All replies

  • Tom

    The program is named RSTRUI.EXE (the capitals are for clarity only), search for it in Explorer.

    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:59 AM
  • Sorry for replying late here. You can try the following way:

    1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

    2. Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.

    3. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.

    4. Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions

    If it is not work then install third party restoring software Faronics Deep Freeze. It will freeze your system configuration and with simple restart you can easily get back the system. No need to set the previous time or date.

    Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:27 PM