Creative X-Fi RRS feed

• Question

• So, after trying the latest drive package from Creative for the Creative Labs X-Fi Xtreme Music card, it still sounds like rubbish in all game applications.  It sounds tinny - as if in Windows XP you run dxdiag and crank the sound acceleration all the way down.  Is this a problem with the driver, or with Vista?  I've been told many things, including that running DX9 based game results in emulation of previous hardware functionality resulting in poor performance.  I've noticed games (recent - Company of Heroes, World of Warcraft, Supreme Commander) lose a substantial amount of performance when running on Vista.  We're talking at least a 25% drop in framerates and audio stuttering.  For now I'm sticking with XP, but any suggestions would be helpful!
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 4:47 PM

All replies

• Unfortunatly, it is the Drivers from Creative, I have the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer and have tried it on 3 mobo's with the same problems, inablity to hear rear speakers on 4.0 system, no rear speaker controls what so ever in the software.  Even if the tests allow you to hear all 4 speakers equally, Media Player shuts the rears to min volume.

Supposedly, Creative is supposed to be changing from thier drivers to the Aopen driver schema, but as of a week ago, nothing I have heard from my vista install tells me anything has changed

Glenn

Monday, May 14, 2007 6:40 PM