Micosoft word forms RRS feed

• Question

• I created a form. I need the form feild to display on every page. example name:____Date:_____ . The user fills in my form feild then I need at the top of all of the next pages( like a header). 

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 6:29 AM

Answers

• If you're using Word 2007 or later, you can use content controls formatted with a unique style name in the body of the document to capture the data, coupled with StyleRef fields in the page header and pointing to those style names to replicate their content.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by TylorWang Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:20 AM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:49 AM
  • Have the field on the first page to be filled in. If you want it on every page following, put a reference to the field in the header (and select the option to have a different first page so it won't show up again on the first page). If you are not using a Ribbon version of Word with Content Controls, a MacroButton Field is a good choice for the prompt. (It does not require a protected document, unlike a form field.)

The StyleRef Field that Paul mentioned is a good choice for this. For other options, see Repeating Data (Populating Multiple Like Fields).

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:38 PM

All replies

• If you're using Word 2007 or later, you can use content controls formatted with a unique style name in the body of the document to capture the data, coupled with StyleRef fields in the page header and pointing to those style names to replicate their content.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:49 AM
  • Have the field on the first page to be filled in. If you want it on every page following, put a reference to the field in the header (and select the option to have a different first page so it won't show up again on the first page). If you are not using a Ribbon version of Word with Content Controls, a MacroButton Field is a good choice for the prompt. (It does not require a protected document, unlike a form field.)

The StyleRef Field that Paul mentioned is a good choice for this. For other options, see Repeating Data (Populating Multiple Like Fields).

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:38 PM