Sendemail + exchange connector external account problem RRS feed

• Question

• I work with Exchange connector + sendemail in Service Manager for to enable our users out of office (for example they have forget enterprise password account), to send support request (our support@azienda.com address)by external email provider (from myaccount@hotmail.com for example).

I noticed that SM, create a record with myaccount@hotmail.com as affected user, but if I try to send an information request to user with "Send mail", the mail flow doesn't work.

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UserRoleUserUnresolvedException: Impossible to resolve the hotmail.com\myaccount account link to user role. Error Code 1332.

I think to a configuration issue.

Have you any idea as and where to set the correct values?

mario2007

Monday, April 4, 2011 6:32 PM

Answers

• What Exchange version are you running?

I dont know if Service Manager would prevent you itself. But in Exchange 2003 you need to add the Service Manager server as an authorized relay for email. In 2007-2010 you need to configure a receive connector that allows email from the Service Manager server and has the appropriate authentication settings, then use that connector in the SCSM email notification channel SMTP server, the receive connector that works internally wont necessarily work to send externally depending how they are configured.

Reading that error message makes me think SCSM might actually not allow for emails to non internally authenticated users.

• Marked as answer by mario2007 Saturday, April 9, 2011 6:16 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:43 AM

All replies

• What Exchange version are you running?

I dont know if Service Manager would prevent you itself. But in Exchange 2003 you need to add the Service Manager server as an authorized relay for email. In 2007-2010 you need to configure a receive connector that allows email from the Service Manager server and has the appropriate authentication settings, then use that connector in the SCSM email notification channel SMTP server, the receive connector that works internally wont necessarily work to send externally depending how they are configured.

Reading that error message makes me think SCSM might actually not allow for emails to non internally authenticated users.

• Marked as answer by mario2007 Saturday, April 9, 2011 6:16 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:43 AM
  • Yes, it is a configuration to check. I'll verify your advice, wait for a reply.

thanks, mario2007

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 6:00 AM
  • In detail when a message is sent from external account as fastwebnet.it\user1 to our support email, a new incident is create in Service Manager and when SendEmail try to send a replay, I see the follow error:

Log Name:      Operations Manager

Source:        OpsMgr SDK Service

Date:          4/4/2011 3:59:56 PM

Event ID:      26319

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      SRV-SM.domain.lan

Description:

An exception was thrown while processing UpsertUserRoles for session ID uuid:020d7f14-9324-45b2-8c6b-93483b02b77b;id=2.

Exception message: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.

Full Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UserRoleUserUnresolvedException]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason. (Fault Detail is equal to Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UserRoleUserUnresolvedException: Impossible to resolve the user fastwebnet.it\user1 connect to user role. Error code 1332. Check Active Directory configuration.).

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="OpsMgr SDK Service" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">26319</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-04-04T13:59:56.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>467275</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Operations Manager</Channel>

<Computer> SRV-SM.domain.lan </Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>UpsertUserRoles</Data>

<Data>uuid:020d7f14-9324-45b2-8c6b-93483b02b77b;id=2</Data>

<Data>The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.</Data>

<Data>System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UserRoleUserUnresolvedException]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason. (Fault Detail is equal to Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UserRoleUserUnresolvedException: Impossible to resolve the user fastwebnet.it\user1 connect to user role. Error code 1332. Check Active Directory configuration.).</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

The problem seems to be that Service Manager/SendEmail manage only AD users.

Thursday, April 7, 2011 7:52 AM
  • It appears so.

A painful workaround to get the emails to go to the external address could be to create a duplicate AD account for your external users, setup a email forward to their external emails (via contact cards if you have too) and change the affected user to the duplicate AD account. This is assuming their external emails are static though and you have records of those.

Dont you have your company webmail setup? Why dont you get your external users to just use webmail for their support requests?

Thursday, April 7, 2011 11:30 PM
  • An deeper check on Exhange connector has permited to solve the problem. Deleted end recreate the Exchenge receiver as SM SMTP channel and now it works.

thanks to Trana010 for help,

mario2007

Saturday, April 9, 2011 6:21 AM