Cannot send email to internet RRS feed

• Question

• When sending mail to reputable mail providers, such as Gmail/Yahoo we receive relay access denied. We are able to receive external mail fine after we changed the domain type to internal relay instead of authoritative. 

The error we receive isAM1FFO11FD005.mail.protection.outlook.com

Remote Server returned '550 5.7.0 Relay Access Denied'

The records as requested for DNS settings are all correct as required (SPF etc.)

We have tested telnet to Office365 servers and this connect fine but we are unable to run EHLO command for some reason.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

does the inbound connector in EOP include your public IP address?

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 9:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

does the inbound connector in EOP include your public IP address?

Greetings

Christian

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 9:54 PM
  • Hi Christian,

Thank you for your reply.  I had set up the connector on Office365 using the IP address from the DNS settings.  After checking with the firewall guys, the sent mail was being pushed through a different IP address compared to the received.  I have updated the connector on Office365 and all is working as expected.  Thanks

On another note, how can i see the blocked items in quarantine?  The Office365 login shows me nothing, but i can see that mail are being picked up?
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:48 AM
  • Hi,

good to hear that it's working now.

You can find the quarantine in the Exchange Administration Center under protection -> quarantine.

More details about quarantine here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj200742%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx

Greetings

Christian

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:06 PM