none
DPM2010 - Scheduled Cataloging of sharepoint_config AB not working! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have the following error on a customers DPM2010 SP1 server.

DPM failed to gather item level catalog for <x> databases of the SharePoint Farm <Farm Name>. Some of the recovery points for these databases in the farm would be associated with an earlier successful catalog.

I´ve tried triggering the job from DPM Shell also with "Start-CreateCatalog" and it just ends up with the same error in DPM monitoring.

This happens just before the scheduled backup job of that DB is started. I`ve tried to restore this DB and that work fine...well I´ve not attached it just restored to a network folder. So how critical is this error and how can I solve it permanently ?

Thx /Tony
    Monday, September 19, 2011 9:16 AM

All replies

• What it means is that the Start-CreateCatalog operation has failed for some databases. This operation gathers the item level catalog of all individual content databases out of which it has failed for some.

The catalog operation is self healing, so you should not have strong reasons to worry unless this happens all the time for some specific database.

To verify if catalog is completely missing for a database, try to browse the contents of the SharePoint Content databases in the Recovery pane. If you find that no site collections are present for a database (which actually has some site collections in the farm), that something to focus upon.

Regards, Deepan [This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.] [P.S. If the post answers your question or guides you about what you're looking for, please mark it as answered.]
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:18 PM