none
extension-attribute-not-present RRS feed

• Question

• Hi-

I'm trying to follow an article "How do I provision users into AD" and created 'FILEMA,FIMMA & Sync Rule' and during the process to do Inbound sync "Introduction to Inbound Synchronization (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=189652)" when I do full sync for the 'FileMA' I'm receiving an error 'Extension atribute not present" from the StackTrace it says "

Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.AttributeNotPresentException: Attribute "accountName" is not present.
       at Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.Impl.AttributeImpl.get_Value()
       at Mms_Metaverse.MVExtensionObject.Provision(MVEntry mventry)"  thought there is no accoutname attribute is used in 'FileMA' I just followed the same code where it says to create data text file by using 'EmpID,FN,LN,EmpType'

For FIMMA When I run 'FI & FS' I do see new sync rule but when I run 'Export' I do not see the update of the new syncrule in Stats.

Did anybody tried this article and had similar issues? or am I missing anything here?

Thanks

Monday, September 9, 2013 4:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I've never use this documentation as i'm familiar with this product sind MIIS2003 times.

If you do a FullSync on a Connector, all the Provisioning code for the particular objecttype is executed, also for other MAs.

But if you only have one SyncRule for the FileMA, like in the documentation, this seems to come from the built-in FIM MA provisioning code. As AccountName is an important attribute for the Portal.

You can try to flow the LastName from the FileMA to MV: accountName an then do an export flow in the FIM MA mv:accountName to cs:accountName for testing.

If you do have other SyncRules in Portal, then maybe this may the cause.

Regards
    Peter

EDIT: i see your other thread in this forum, and it seems to me that you have an AD SyncRule in the Portal, which flows accountname to samAccountName but you dont have AccountName flow to the Portal. So the above testing scenario my fit.

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - http://www.doeres.com

• Edited by Peter_Stapf Monday, September 9, 2013 6:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Uday_ny Tuesday, September 10, 2013 4:09 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 5:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I've never use this documentation as i'm familiar with this product sind MIIS2003 times.

If you do a FullSync on a Connector, all the Provisioning code for the particular objecttype is executed, also for other MAs.

But if you only have one SyncRule for the FileMA, like in the documentation, this seems to come from the built-in FIM MA provisioning code. As AccountName is an important attribute for the Portal.

You can try to flow the LastName from the FileMA to MV: accountName an then do an export flow in the FIM MA mv:accountName to cs:accountName for testing.

If you do have other SyncRules in Portal, then maybe this may the cause.

Regards
    Peter

EDIT: i see your other thread in this forum, and it seems to me that you have an AD SyncRule in the Portal, which flows accountname to samAccountName but you dont have AccountName flow to the Portal. So the above testing scenario my fit.

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - http://www.doeres.com

• Edited by Peter_Stapf Monday, September 9, 2013 6:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Uday_ny Tuesday, September 10, 2013 4:09 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 5:50 PM
  • Thanks Peter! Excellent analysis, I added accountname flow in 'FileMA' and that worked not sure why it is missing in article.

Thanks again for taking your time.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 4:11 PM