Window Live Movie Maker Not Working ... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello People ..

I am using windows 7. I installed Windows Live Movie Maker it installed successfully but when i opened it , it says some thing about system requirement . so i delete it but it seems i didn't delete it properly . when i am trying to open Windows Live Movie Maker again so i get errors like this "The Procedure entry point IsWin80rGreater@OS@Base@@YG_NXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library WLXPhotoBase.dll." and when i install it again from Windows Essentials error appearing saying , Couldn't Install programs

Could't install there programs:Photo Gallery and Movie Maker

It looks like another program is preventing the installer from working.

Error: 0x80070643

Source: PhotoGallery

Now i found the error is about Firewall is not turned on , but the fact is its turn on , and still its not installing .. 

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 2:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Before reinstall Windows live Maker, please make sure you have uninstall it completely. Please uninstall it under the Safe Mode.

For how to uninstall Windows Live Maker please see:http://www.ehow.com/how_2278927_uninstall-windows-movie-maker.html

How to remove and reinstall Windows Live Essentials:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938275

Also, for the issue "could not be located in the dynamic link library WLXPhotoBase.dll", I would like suggest you re-register the file and check if it helps.

Click Start, Run and type in the following command:

regsvr32 \windows\system32\WLXPhotoBase.dll

To replace the WLXPhotoBase.dll file:

1. Close all open programs.

2. Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.

3. In the Named box, type WLXPhotoBase.dll.

4. In the Look in box, click My Computer, and then click Find Now.

5. In the search results list, right-click WLXPhotoBase.dll, and then click Rename.

6. Type WLXPhotoBase.dll.old, and then press ENTER. If there are multiple copies of the WLXPhotoBase.dll file in the list, rename each copy.

Regards.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Spencer Xi Friday, February 1, 2013 5:33 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:06 AM