none
How to Allow no body, no subject email to be received

Question

• Hello,

I have a costumer that receives an email from a service that comes with no body or subject, only comes with an attachment,... this makes Exchange 2013 block the email and we never receive it, but i can see in the service webpage that the mails were sent.

How do i override this filter or rule that blocks this specific email address on exchange server 2013, because i need to receive this emails,... they bring orders in the attachment.

Thank you !

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 10:39 AM

All replies

• Hi

I don't think any 3rd party application is developed to send email without body or subject line. At least subject line is required and the attachment must have the allowed extension. Check the message attachment format allowed list in this article:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj674307(v=exchg.150).aspx

Thanks

• Edited by PK Sarangi Tuesday, December 20, 2016 12:18 PM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 12:18 PM
  • Hi VascoEU,

According to your description, it seems that the email is blocked by anti-spam in Exchange 2013.

What did you use anti-spam in Exchange 2013?  the built-in agents or 3rd party anti-spam ?

If using built-in agents, we can create a rule to bypass spam filtering and check if any helps, like below:

If using a 3rd party anti-spam, we need to check if there is any setting reject the email, and re-configure the setting to bypass this specific email address.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 8:00 AM