Redirect to annonmous pages in custom login page in FBA RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I implimnted FBA wih SQl serverand using custom login page in which there is two links one "forgot password" and another for "create Account".I was created two pages in Pages Library for both of them, which has annonmous access .. I was hosted my application with one of the static IP ... I was accessing my application using that static IP. I was able sign in my application...but I can't able redirect Create Account Page which is in Pages Library..when I am trying to click on "Create Account " link it won't go to Create Account Page... it was redirected to same login Page....

can any one tell me "what is the problem .. How can I resolve it?"

Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:06 AM

All replies

1. Make sure that in Central Administration > Application management, you have enabled anonymous acces on your web app
    2. Make sure that you have enabled anonymous access in your site settings for the publishing root site
    3. Disable the ViewFormPagesLockDown feature on your MOSS 2007 server* 
      *It is CRITICAL to disable the ViewFormPagesLockDown feature BEFORE creating the publishing site.

Pranav Sharma
    SharePoint Consultant, Portal Solutions
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 10:02 PM
  • hi pranav,

Thank you for your reply..I am Using MOSS2010...and  I already enabled annonmous access to my application.

Monday, October 3, 2011 2:48 AM
  • Are you able to access anything in the Pages library anonymously? Are you using Claims? Look in your web.config for <authorization> tags. I'm guessing that it's setup to deny access to unauthorized users. What I would suggest is that you move your custom pages to be application pages in the _layouts folder and grant all users access to them-

<location path="_layouts/MyMembershipPages">
        <system.web>
          <authorization>
            <allow users="*" />
          </authorization>
        </system.web>
      </location>

Pranav Sharma
    Monday, October 3, 2011 5:19 AM
  • hi Pranav,

Actually I can Access my anonymous pages in my server anonymously but I can't access in any other other system outside my premises. When I am trying register new user he will be added to Sql server but at the time of registration I am update the list in SharePoint.while  I am giving anonymous access to list it give the Exception like "Access Denied"...

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 6:28 AM
  • So you can access "/Pages/*.aspx" anonymously only as long as you are local to the network? Is this a SharePoint access denied message that you are getting or an IIS access denied message? 
    Pranav Sharma
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 12:56 PM
  • when I tries to redirect it will bwe onthe same page.....

and when I try to open that page directly by entering url of the registration page ..again it's opened same login page...

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 9:47 AM
  • Santosh could you please add an exception in the web.config for the Pages library as a test?

<location path="Pages">
        <system.web>
          <authorization>
            <allow users="*" />
          </authorization>
        </system.web>
      </location>

Pranav Sharma
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 2:35 PM