none
IDT High Def Audio CODEC (CODE 10) But I still have sound! RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, I give up. . . well, almost.  I just finally downloaded SP3 on my XP Pro, DELL Precision 390 and noticed everything is finally okay with that download. . . except for the IDT High Def Audio CODEC - CODE 10.  I've followed the suggested steps to roll back (there was not one to roll back to), remove and reinstall, but to no avail.  I've been reading so many entries, I'll summarize.

I STILL HAVE AUDIO - go figure, but some have said the problem is related to a USB device or a registry problem.  I've decided not to fool around with the XP registry any longer, since I've read it's able to take care of itself.  Before I had regularly scoped it with Advanced System Care, with some noticable improvements on system speed.

But I didn't have this problem before the SP3 Download.  I kept the SP download, but I've just removed the security updates - all 86 or so to see if that mattered.  It hasn't.  I, too, remember reading the XP doesn't work with the IDT CODEC, in fact, if memory serves me well, I don't remember seeing it before the update.  

Is it even necessary now since I still have audio - Creative SB X-Fi and other audio Codecs?

Sorry for this thread's length, but I've gone to "great lengths" before finally asking for help. . . finally stopping to ask directions. . . HA.

Friday, September 28, 2012 2:41 AM

All replies

• In my previous entry I forgot to mention - the Driver is fine - not corrupt and I meant to say I read the IDT HD CODEC does not work with XP3. PUZZLING!
    Friday, September 28, 2012 2:50 AM