none
How to start ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am working in SharePoint for last four year but I need to take up a Microsoft EPM (Project server 2013) project. I don't know from where should I start. I need to learn the development in EMP quickly but I don't have much Idea.

-Can anybody point me to resource for good learning and overview.

- Is it similar like sharePoint?

- What is the difference in development approach for EPM as compared with SharePoint development.

-Will it be easy for me as a SharePoint Developer to develop something in Project server.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 9:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Alok,

If you have a good experience and hands on Sharepoint development than it won't that difficult for you.

Before staring up any development go through Project 2013 SDK to understand the architecture.

Also it contains Code Samples and Documentation which you can refer to kick off your development.

Also check this Project 2013 developer documentation

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:56 PM
  • Hello. Do you just want to develop, or are you actually installing it and configuring it?

It is a SharePoint application, so that part is easy. But Project Server turns SharePoint into something that supports business processes.

If developing, I would start by learning how the database is structured. If you understand that you will understand the business processes that Project Server is supporting.

But technically, as stated above, it is just SharePoint.

Good luck and welcome to Project Server!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Alok,

If you have a good experience and hands on Sharepoint development than it won't that difficult for you.

Before staring up any development go through Project 2013 SDK to understand the architecture.

Also it contains Code Samples and Documentation which you can refer to kick off your development.

Also check this Project 2013 developer documentation

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:56 PM
  • Hello. Do you just want to develop, or are you actually installing it and configuring it?

It is a SharePoint application, so that part is easy. But Project Server turns SharePoint into something that supports business processes.

If developing, I would start by learning how the database is structured. If you understand that you will understand the business processes that Project Server is supporting.

But technically, as stated above, it is just SharePoint.

Good luck and welcome to Project Server!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:43 PM