none
MBAM Encryption Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have MBAM installed on a single server for testing, and GP's applied.  Devices have reported back to MBAM and have been made "compatible".

The MBAM wizard starts on the clients, however the "Encryption Failed" message appears almost instantly.  The event log shows the following:-

An error occured while applying the MBAM policies.

Volume ID:\\?\Volume{2d51e977-1a0f-11e1-8e55-f0def187972d}\

Error code:

0x8031005f

Details:

group Policy settings require the creation of a recovery key.

I've been unable to find anything relating to this error.  All help greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:58 AM

All replies

• check your GPOs and make sure under MDOP MBAM GPOS -> Operating system drive  -> Only OS drive encryption settings is selected.

Now are you alsoe encrypting fixed data drives?

These policies are different.

Manoj Sehgal
    • Proposed as answer by Gaurav_Ranjan Friday, November 23, 2012 7:50 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:56 PM
  • Hi Manoj,

Thanks for you quick response!  The good news is once I disabled "configure TPM platform validation profile" and "Choose how Bitlocker protected operating system drives can be recovered" the encryption started ok.  However once I enabled the FIPS policy and tested on another device the encyption failed.  The error log suggests I need to configure the Bitlocker recovery options.  A USB key is not an option for us so it needs to be recovery through a data recovery agent.

To answer your second point on your reply, Yes we will be encrypting fixed data drives.

Once again thanks for your assistance.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 10:28 AM