Transfer settings - anyone done it? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I understand that Microsoft did not include a Save Your Settings wizard in Office Professional Plus 2013. Has anyone managed to transfer their settings when using Office 2013 on a different computer? Anyone know if there are any third party programs available that will do this, please?

Thanks.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 3:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

As far as I know, there is no official tool to transfer Office setting.

Moving all settings of Office 2013 to a different computer is a really tough job which involves lots of files. Office settings are not just saved in the registry, they are scattered in many places

As here we mainly focus on issues about Office 2013 desktop client, I'm not familiar with any third party programs.

Here are some links for your reference:

https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/config/moving-outlook-to-a-new-computer/

Main locations of Word settings in the Windows Registry under More Information

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, March 2, 2018 6:07 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, March 5, 2018 1:08 AM
    Friday, March 2, 2018 5:51 AM
  • Hi Mark,

I'm writing to see whether my reply is helpful to you.

If you need further assistance about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 5, 2018 1:08 AM
  • Hi,

If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Monday, March 12, 2018 1:05 AM
  • Thanks for replying and apologies for the delayed response.

When I was searching for information about this most of the replies referenced Outlook (which we don't use) and a few addressed Word settings. I would like to find something that moves all settings across for all the Office applications.

One of the great things about Office 2003 was the save/import settings wizard. If someone had to move to a new or different computer they were comfortable in the knowledge that they could quite literally hit the ground running. It saved them time and the company money.

I am genuinely surprised that this has not been revived and that a third party has not stepped up to offer a utility that will do this.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 7:32 AM
  • Hi Mark,

Thank you for your update.

I feel sorry to tell you that Office 2013 doesn't have such an option to directly transfer all settings.

As here we mainly focus on issues on Office applications, I'm not familiar with third-party tools. If you have more concern about this, I'd like to recommend you to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

It is a place for customers to provide feedback about Outlook. What’s more, if an idea is high voted there by other customers, it is promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, March 22, 2018 7:41 AM