none
Need action log on Change Request

Question

• I need to enable the action log on Change Request and I can't seem to figure out how to enable this feature.  Can someone please help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Chad

Chad Myers

• Edited by ChadM74 Tuesday, June 05, 2018 12:10 PM Clarification
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Chad,

you don't have to enable it, it is enabled by default. Doesn't it contain entries (CR, Extentions, Action Log)?

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 12:06 PM
  • The SCSM Console does not provide the Action Log Control for Change Request Forms.  

If you use third party tools such as the Cireson Portal then you are able to see the action log and write to it.

If you really need the action log available in the SCSM Console, try using Service Requests instead.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 2:24 PM
  • Not for the meek.  We have an in-house built custom Change request form built with VSAE.  It does support Action Log.  I can't speak to the comment above about it populating by default in the background.  We populate it with custom task handlers and the forms backend logic. 

This is the control to display the action Log:

<smcontrols:ActionLog Name="txtNotes" VerticalAlignment="Stretch"  HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="0" Visibility="Collapsed" Grid.Row="23" FontSize="12" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Margin="20,0,10,0"  />

Grid and column data is specific to our custom form.

You also need a type projection with the proper fields behind it.

<Component Alias="ActionLog" Path="$Target/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItemHasActionLog' TypeConstraint='ADEChange!ADE.ChangeManagement.ActionLog']$" />
              <Component Alias="AnalystCommentLog" Path="$Target/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItemHasCommentLog' TypeConstraint='WorkItem!System.WorkItem.CommentLog']$" />
              <Component Alias="EndUserCommentLog" Path="$Target/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItemHasCommentLog' TypeConstraint='WorkItem!System.WorkItem.CommentLog']$" />

Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:55 PM