Getting Error while Crawlig the Content Source RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have created External Content Type using Visual Studio to get the dtaa from SQL Server Database.

We have created an external list and provide the source to the external content Type.We are able to seee the data in the external list.

But as per the requirement we need to creare a search on the external content type.While creating content source and staring the crawl we rae getting error as below,

Error while crawling LOB contents. ( Entity (External Content Type) 'SearchInStringEntity' has Property 'Class' defined as Type 'SearchBCS.SearchInStringBCS.SearchInStringEntityService, SearchInStringBCS'. Type 'SearchBCS.SearchInStringBCS.SearchInStringEntityService, SearchInStringBCS' cannot be found in the assembly. )

I have verified all configuration but not getting any idead.even i deactivate the feature and reactivated it also.

If I am getting data in external list then what was the problem while crawling the content source.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Sambit

Monday, October 1, 2012 10:31 AM

All replies

• As a quick test, are you able to create an external list using the problemmatic ECT?  Do you get the same error when you open the external list?

To answer your question in your original post, yes, ECT's with string identifiers can be searched.  That probably doesn't help you overall issue however.  :)

Sometimes if you redeploy the, new versions of the model are not updated properly.  I haven't really explored why, but what I've done in the past is after redeploying my solution:

• Deactivate the farm feature containing the BDC Model
      • Go back into the BDC service application and delete the external system of your BDC Model.
      • Reactivate the farm feature containing the BDC Model.

Hopefully this resolves your issue.

Monday, October 1, 2012 10:45 AM
  • Yes I am able to create an external list using the problemmatic ECT.

I have already follwed the procedure that you suggested but still getting the same error

Thanks

Sambit

Monday, October 1, 2012 10:52 AM
  • Hi,

Did you implement IdEnumerator method in your ECT? Please post here your BDC Model. Also take a look at this thread Crawling Isseue in External content type using VS2010

Dmitry

Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts | Lightning Tools Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:21 AM