USB Device not recognized RRS feed

• Question

• My Vista machine has stopped recognizing any of my Flash Drives, or my Creative Zen Vision M player.

I've read many of the help ideas, but don't understand why they worked before, and now don't work.  What really irks me is that the Microsoft Help starts immediately with the idea that my components are broken, when they work fine on other non-Vista machines.

It seems obvious that some Microsoft update has made this error occur.  Why do they not fix that?  What is the easy fix for now? How do I relay these thoughts to Microsoft?

Thanks for letting me vent!

Mike

Sunday, September 23, 2007 3:35 PM

All replies

• Wow, imagine my dismay when i tried to find a solution to this problem, there appears to be nothing easy. I am not one to mess with my machine, i mean I have a flash drive that doesn't work for crying out loud, isn't a flash drive supposed to be the easiest thing in the world to use.

I have your same problem and I am amazed that there isn't an easy solution. I guess I will just have to watch my avi movie on my wife's apple, because i just upgraded to leopard, a brand new OS without a year of bug fixes, and it works just fine on her Macbook! go figure.

What is worse is that my backup USB drive no longer works either.

I will say that the reason for this is simple, Microsoft does not control the hardware/driver side of their world, its on me to figure those things out. I guess Apple realized what a slippery slope it is to depend on everyone else in hopes that all pieces come together for those sorry, non-corporate end-users.

Monday, October 29, 2007 1:33 AM